As iPhones are constantly changing, so are their operating systems and the tricks they offer. An iPhone can do many, many things, and whilst we might be familiar with the basics, there are many cool iPhone tricks that you may be yet to discover.
- You can speed up the charging time on your phone. If you are in a hurry and your phone isn’t charged, speed up the amount of charging time by putting your iPhone in “Airplane Mode”.
- Simply send your location to someone if they can’t find you or they need to know where you are. Go into iMessage with a friend and tap “Details” and select “Send My Current Location”.
- If you would like to secure your phone with more than just a 4-digit passcode, you have the ability to make a passcode using letters rather than numbers. Go to Settings, Passcode Lock, and then turn off the setting that reads “Simple Passcode”. You can then change your passcode using a full keyboard.
- If you were in the middle of sending a text and you changed your mind, instead of holding down the backspace key, just shake your phone and it’ll then ask you if you want to “Undo Typing”. Simply shake again to redo the type you just erased.
- Your iPhone will allow you to choose how long you want your music to play. Go to your clock and tap the Timer icon. Set the amount of time you want your music to play for and tap “When Timer Ends” and then “Stop Playing”. Your music will then stop playing at the desired time that you wish.
- Be resourceful and use your iPhone as a level when hanging things on the wall.
- Teach Siri how to pronounce words correctly. Whenever Siri mispronounces a word, say, “that’s not how you pronounce (blank)”. She will then offer you alternatives and you can select the correct one.
These are some tricks that you can use on your current operating system. Check back for more updates when a new iOS is released.