Dear all iOS users, great news for you that iOS 10.2.1 Developer Beta 2 is now available for any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to download and install onto your devices right now. However, you should keep in mind this is just the beta system software, there is still buggy and less reliable than the final release version of iOS, so this developer should only be for advanced users or at least installing onto a testing device.
iOS 10.2.1 Beta 2 adds some of small new features improvement enhancements and bug fixes from the iOS 10.2 before the official iOS 10.2.1 is released. As such, Apple is letting developer check out iOS 10.2.1 version, and then feedback before it goes into wide release next week.
Now, we will show you how to register in the iOS developer beta program, and then download and install iOS 10.2.1 developer Beta 2 right now.
Before beginning, ensure that you have a compatible device with iOS 10 from iPhone 5 or iPad 4, an Apple ID, and make a full backup of your iDevices before starting the process.
How to download and install iOS 10.2.1 developer Beta 2 on your iPhone/ iPad
Registering, downloading, and installing iOS 10.2.1 developer Beta 2 are very easy, so you just follow these steps:
- Back up all your data to iTunes or iCloud before getting started, without a backup made beforehand you can lose all of your important data, so remember doing a backup first
- Go to apple.com on your iPhone/iPad and login your username and password
- Click on the “Download New Betas”tab
- Go to the iOS 10.2.1 beta section and tap on the down arrowto download.
- Tap on “Install” to install the iOS Beta Software profile
Once rebooted, go to Settings > Software Update and choose download and install iOS 10.2.1 Developer beta 1.
- Agree to the terms of conditions and confirm the installation on your iPhone/iPad
Your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch will now reboot to complete the update. Now, all the developer beta releases in the future will be available in the Settings > Software Update on your iOS device, easily update when a new release is available.
But we don’t encourage using beta software for everyone, and if you decide you no longer want to run the public beta release, you can switch from iOS 10.2.1 developer beta to a stable iOS release. You’ll, of course, have to remove the iOS beta profile from your device as well so that the iOS beta versions in future are not made available in Software Update section.