Yesterday, Apple has rolled out the tvOS 10.1.1 Beta 2 version for Apple TV with some new features, bug fixes, and improvement enhancement. And we are sure you will really enjoy installing this new tvOS firmware on your Apple TV once before the official version is publicly released. If you have a developer account and are looking forward the tvOS 10.1.1 beta 2 version, you can easily install it on your compatible Apple TV (4th generation). Here are the given steps for you to do it.
But before installing the new beta version, there is something you need to keep in mind:
- There will have ways to install tvOS 10.1.1 beta 2 on your Apple TV ( we are going to introduce in this post)
- You will need an USB-C cable to connect your Apple TV to Mac to download tvOS configuration profile.
- OTA process only updates the system software. All configurations, as well as apps will be not affected.
- If you use the Restore Image option, which connects to your Mac via USB-C, it will get rid of your Apple TV developer unit.
- As tvOS 10.1.1 is still in developer beta, so sometimes you may get a few small bugs while using it.
- Steps to Download and Install tvOS 10.1.1 Beta 2 via OTA
- Go to apple.com/download on your Mac and then log in developer username and password.
- Click on the Download button at the right of tvOS 10.1 beta configuration profile.
- Next, download and install the Apple Configurator app from the Mac App Store.
- Connect your Apple TV (4th gen) with AC power and with your Mac using a USB-C cable.
- Launch Apple Configurator and click on Add Profiles to your Apple TV.
- Now, add the tvOS 10.1 beta configuration profile you just downloaded.
- Once the configuration profile has been installed, you need to restart your Apple TV. Then navigate to System > Settings > Software Update, and click on it
Once your TV detects tvOS 10.1.1, and then download and install it.
- Steps to Install the tvOS 10.1.1 Beta 1 Using USB-C
- On your Mac, visit developer.apple.com/download. Then enter your developer username and password.
- Click on the Download button of tvOS 10.1.1 restore image.
- Click on the Xcode 8 Download button and then install it on your Mac.
- Now, connect your Apple TV (4thgen) to your Mac using a USB-C.
- Next, open iTunes and select your Apple TV when it appears on iTunes.
- Hold down the Option key and click on Check for Updates.
- Next, click on the tvOS 10.1.1 beta you have just downloaded and wait for the tvOS 10.1.1 beta 2 to install on your TV.
That’s all you need to do. Now your Apple TV is running on the latest tvOS beta version. How do you think about it? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment below.