You are a lover of listening to audiobooks and spend a lot of time diving into the world of audiobooks. But do you know that you now listen to audiobooks right on your iPhone/iPad as well as customize them? Here is how you can do that
How to view and download audiobooks
The iBooks app isn’t just for written books, it also provides the audiobooks, and you can sync them across all your devices by using your iCloud acccount. To get an audiobook on the iBooks Store, you simply search for it.
- Launch the iBooks app.
- Tap on Searchon the right side bottom of the screen.
- Type in the title of the audiobook you are looking for.
- Select Audiobooks to filter the results.
In case you want re-download an older title, you just go to the Purchased menu.
- Luanch the iBooks app.
- Tap on the Purchased
- Select Audiobooks under the My Purchases menu.
- Tap Not on This iPhone.
- Tap the iCloud Download to re-download your title.
If you have previously purchased audiobooks, you can also download audiobooks to your Mac, but you’ll have to visit iTunes instead of the iBooks app.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on iTunes Store in the iTunes window.
- Enter the title of the audiobook into the search box in the upper right corner of the iTunes window.
- Filter the results by clicking on Audiobooks on the right side of the iTunes window.
- Look for the audiobook you have purchased before.
- Click on the Download button below the title.
How to change Skip Forward and Skip Back time
You can easily adjust how much time to skip back or ahead you audiobook. You can start with a 10 second jump if you don’t want to miss much, or set the skip-back time in a full minute in case you are not able to remember what you listened to last.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the iBooks
- Scroll down and select Skip Forward.
- Select the time you want to skip ahead, then a blue checkmark will appear.
- Tap on iBooks to back to the Settings menu.
- Tap on Skip Back.
- Choose the time you wish to skip back.
How to set a sleep timer on an audiobook in iBooks
If you usually get used to listening to audiobooks before bed, or simply tend to fall asleep while they are still playing, you can set a timer to automatically stop playback so that you don’t miss out any important thing in the story.
- Open iBookson your iPhone/iPad.
- Select the audiobookyou want to play.
- Tap on the Sleepbutton at the bottom of your screen.
- Select optionyou would like: Off, Current track ends, 10 minutes, 1 hour…. Or custom (depending on you).
That’s all! Now you can easily listen the audiobook and customize it right on your iPhone/iPad. If you feel this post useful, let’s know in the comment below.