It’s better to trust reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations when it comes to medical care. But it can be tricky when you are choosing the right doctor. There are a few things you’ll want to ask yourself. Are you looking for a specialist? What doctor is most convenient? Can they be trusted? Keep in mind what other credentials you are looking for as well.
There is an increasing number of smartphone apps that make the process easier and less stressful. These apps will assist you to get the health care you need.
- Doctor on Demand- This is a free app and it’s really convenient if you aren’t able to get to the doctor. Download the app for free and pay a small fee to video chat with a real doctor. These doctors are able to diagnose and prescribe medications.
- iTriage- This unique app is perfect for providing you with a doctor that fits your symptoms. Choose from a list of symptoms and the app will find medical help in your area.
- BetterDoctor- It can almost ensure that the doctor you choose is one of the best doctors. It takes into account doctor’s backgrounds, years of experience, patient referrals, and even medical school ranking.
- eHealth Mobile- It’s an app that can help you find local doctors and it lets you compare health plans. Comes with a glossary to help you understand all the confusing health insurance terms.
- Vitals- It’s a great app with reliable patient reviews. You can search for doctors depending on your condition or the kind of specialist you’re looking for. It also provides you with contact and location information for the best-reviewed doctors.
Sometimes life gets in the way and things come up and you aren’t able to get to a doctor. Some of these apps provide medical consultations right to your home while others allow you to use your iPhone to determine your symptoms and the medical care that is best for you.